In October 2010 one morning whilst eating, I felt a 'sensation in my oesophagus when swallowing. Not sore...but just...a sensation? To cut a long story short, in December 2012, I went to my GP who diagnosed GORD based on symptoms and prescribed Omeprazole 20mg/daily.
I went back to my GP as the pain is still there in May 2014. My symptoms:
* Pain when swallowing still there, in the exact same place, although slightly more painful
* Can sometimes be there when I breath in
* Feels as if food is going past something
* Although it feels like it sticks, I can always swallow it
* Does *not* appear to radiate to the back
My GP thinks I "may just have a pain there when swallowing for no apparent reason" and I've been referred for an Endoscopy.
I'm only 20 years old and this started when I was 16!
I even went to A&E over this! Chest X-Ray was "perfect" including Organ blood tests? The Consultant at A&E said "Its just my GORD playing up"!!
I've just been accepted to study Medicine, which has been my life long ambition, but now I'm worrying this will be cancer or something?
Does anyone have any idea what I could have? I'm worried about Oesophageal Cancer but I can't find any reports of *anyone* having it at my age in the UK, and I've no family history of it. (Although I have a very strong family history of GORD)
Thanks for your help