Some results from my latest medical tests have arrived, which has lead to some good and bad things. I thought I'd run through them, as I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions about
what is happening to me and what I should do next.
- My manometry and pH impedance studies returned clear. They say I'm swallowing air, but not bringing up reflux contents.
- I may have access to a new specialist once I get a referral for a second opinion.
- There is more evidence I MAY not have LPR now.
- The makers of "Peptest" kits for LPR say I do not have reflux.
- Not conclusive evidence; it may be I didn't have reflux at that point in time.
- My symptoms are quite bad; I struggle to breath due to mucus blocking my airways and I have to gasp for air. Food also gets stuck in the top of my throat. Most of it begins as soon as I swallow.
- Developed a tight chest after eating too.
- I can't deny my symptoms got worse after binging on bad foods around my birthday. Ties in too well to call it a coincidence.
- This test has lead to a lot more people saying it's all in my head.
- There is still some minor relief I get from Gaviscon Advance, but only every so often. Sometimes it actually makes things worse (as does alkaline water).
Things are still quite scary at the moment due to my breathing problems. I will probably push things further, but I've been left very confused as to what my body is trying to tell me. ;( I really, sincerely hope it's not reflux, because if it is, it's a living nightmare to both diagnose and live with.
Post Edited (Daxter) : 7/22/2014 6:07:20 AM (GMT-6)