I've been having various symptoms the past few weeks that are on and off but I can't pinpoint what is causing them. I'm male, 26, non-smoker, work out around 2-3 times a week and in good health. Things i've noticed:
- Started with left side chest pain below the left breast (maybe an inch or two left of center) which really made me nervous. Thought I was having heart issues for a few days. It was on and off sharp pain. I then noticed it a few weeks later on the right side in the same location as the left. Didn't get worse with breathing or activity.
- I researched all things chest pain related and couldn't really come to any conclusions as to what it was because it was only chest pain with no other symptoms.
- The chest pain went on for a few weeks and I began to look deeper into the causes. I came across GERD which I somewhat ruled out because I never felt any heartburn. I tried sleeping with my body on an incline which I think helped because my chest pain has subsided quite a bit. I wish I could remember if the chest pain went away before or after I started adjusting my sleeping position but it was around the same time. I also noticed a slight burning in my lower esophagus sometimes at night when I wake up. This is infrequent but I have noticed it.
- Fast forward to today and I woke up with a dry scratchy throat which further makes me think its from acid coming up. I also ran yesterday at the gym and didn't feel any fatigue but have noticed that its easier to breathe through my nose that my mouth while running. It almost feels wheezy or something. Can't really tell as it's not that noticeable which is another symptom.
- My concern is whether or not this is caused by GERD or if its something else. I've been concerned the past two months about this and have had some patches of panic. With the chest pain happening less frequently I've been at ease more but I'm still concerned as it can lead to other things. I know I should see my doctor but I wanted to go here first and see if there is any backing to my assumption.