transnasal esophagoscopy

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Nov 2013
Total Posts : 68
   Posted 8/20/2014 6:39 PM (GMT -6)   
What doctor do you see to have a transnasal esophagoscopy done? I've been having a chronic cough and tickling in throat. I've had a chest x ray done by my primary doctor. Chest x ray was normal. I've had allergy testing also done by an allergist. Next time I see him he's going to check me for post nasal drip. I do have allergies but so far no medicines help not at all. I've had another doctor put a mirror down the throat and doctor says throat looks fine. Next step I think I should have a scope to look down the esophagus.

Regular Member

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 40
   Posted 8/21/2014 12:19 PM (GMT -6)   
Go to an  ENT that specializes in Laryngeal Reflux, and Neurogenic cough, and does the transnasal esophagoscopy right in their office. I have a chronic cough for 30+ years before I was diagnosed correctly. I had been to allergists, gastroenterologists, other ENTs, pulmonologists, had chest xrays etc. . None of them were able to diagnose me correctly, so they never treated me correctly, until up to 2 years ago I found the doctor that knew exactly what was going on with me.
Good Luck
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:24 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,704 posts in 329,381 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161845 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, StanInCA.
148 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
PeterDisAbelard., doors12, Cajun Jeff