I have been reading posts here for awhile and I am finally ready to contribute.
- I am 28 year old Male that has been suffering with acid reflux probably since my early 20's.
- I have been on medication Prevacid proscript
ion strength for three years 30mg.
- Just in the last two years I have been really suffering from unusual reoccurring infections and general sickness.
- I would say I feel about
75 - 80% most of the time with bouts of feeling 60% and sometimes feeling really good 90 to 100% healthy.
- Since taking the medication I no longer get the traditional symptoms of acid reflux such as the sour taste or heartburn. I however do get bouts that come and go of the lump in the throat feeling and chronic phlegm or mucus.
- I had an endoscope and seen a ENT two years ago for a sinus infection but he checked my throat because I asked him to. He stated that it did not look like any permanent damage has been done due to reflux.
-Twice over the past three years I have had to be put on antibiotics for a sinus infection that would not go away. It was an constant pressure in my nose and forehead that lasted months. I also have a deviated septum.
- Over the last year I find that I have been getting sternum/chest pains that radiate to the back. Now this could be sports related as I am active but what's unusual is I can feel a bit of a tingling sensation in my chest and lower throat when I breath in deep. It also presents the sore chest and back pain more when I breath in super heavy. The pain is a lot less or goes away completely a few days after an activity such as golf or working out but always kind of feels there. Its dull and achy.
-Recently I have had a sore throat which was atypical that occurred three weeks ago. I felt a tiny stabbing pain, then a full blown sore throat a day later, then a couple days later the pain was greatly reduced and back to just the stabbing/tightness in the throat. I then noticed my right lympth node under my right ear was swollen. I had the doctor check it out yesterday as I felt it was hard, larger and unmovable. He actually that it was small and movable. Either way he gave me a prescript
ion to get an ultrasound done on it. The minor sore throat still remains.
Now my question to the community is. Has anyone had the unusual symptoms as I described them? Also do people feel like you chronically get little sicknesses and do you believe its related to your GERD?
Post Edited (YoungSuffererCanada) : 4/8/2016 9:19:31 AM (GMT-6)