It has actually only been 4 weeks since the surgery, and the normal time to get results is about a minimum of 8 weeks, with the stimulation program being used. (A variable controlled by the doctor.) I have noticed a reduction in reflex extremes, and some minor improvement, and just experimented with a medication reduction, but, as expected, was not able to reduce them yet. The doctor told me to wait 2 months before experimenting, but I am always an optimist. It's hard to be patient when the results are not immediate.
There have been no side effects to date, other than the hernia healing process. I am thin enough that the device does show as a small bulge in a swimsuit, or in my cycling clothes. That is not a problem for me.
Thank you so much for replying back, appreciate it. Congrats on your surgery, I hope and pray all goes well with you and you recover fast to a new life.
I am facing the greatest fear of my life - my 13 year old daughter, the apple of my eye is suffering from LPR since March 2016. I am desperately looking for a upcoming cure for her, I want her to have a good life and be able to eat everything that she wants. (she likes food :))...
If you dont mind I had some further questions
(1) Is this device inside your body or outside under the skin ?
(2) Will they take it out once you are well, or this is a life long thing inside you ?
(3) Any side effects your doctor communicated you about
(4) Did the doctor tell you that you will be able to eat anything once you are well ?
(5) How does the doctor control the stimulation ? Is there a remote control or a wireless kind of thing ?
Also, wanted to ask if you would not mind sharing your journey with us, we can touch base through this forum or over Facebook. My name is Paromita Raghwa, from Columbus, Ohio, USA.
Hoping we can connect and be a part of your healing journey.
Best Regards, Mita