Today has been one week. I feel very good and optimistic. I can lay flat at night which I have not done in years, my voice has greatly improved and I don't run out of air at the end of a sentence anymore. I am down 7.5 lbs.
I wanted to share things that helped me.
1. Mineral Ice and heating pad on my shoulders and neck helped relief CO2 pain. Heating pad alone on abdomen helps comfort incisional area.
2. Moving around/walking. I am still low on energy but I walk around a lot and that helps with intestinal gas as well as CO2 gas getting out of my body. I walked over a mile two days ago and I do not recommend that. It was way more than I should have done and I paid for it yesterday.
3. Take GASX for intestinal gas. AVOID Narcotic pain meds if at all possible...they make gas worse. Anise and Ginger tea are my mainstay along with water. I drink these all day long. Warm drinks also help food pass through the LINX better
4. Avoid foods that are known to produce intestinal gas. Sugars even in artificial form are big gas producers. Drinks made with blenders are also.
5. Slow down as you eat and chew food very well. I have not had any major solid food like meats simply because I don't eat much but I do eat a lot of oatmeal,grits, steamed veggies, squash, soups, sweet potatoes...
My Docs told me that the honeymoon period is yet to come. Okay...I decided to NOT get all frustrated about
something that may or may not happen, it serves no good and I am just taking this one day at a time. I have had a couple occasions when food felt 'stuck' but a warm drink and slowing down helped,
Being prepared is half the battle and this thread of Chads has helped me in more ways than I can think of. So thank you for that Chad. Much I have used in my own recovery is because of this thread you began when your own journey began.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone a few days early~I'll be back to update in a week unless something unforeseen develops