I'm finally done with the Nissen. My surgeon did the hiatal hernia repair with a full but loose wrap, as well as repairing an umbilical hernia and a ventral hernia. OW OW OW! I have some questions and I think there's no better information than here!
1. Does "liquid" diet include very thin mashed potatoes and/or rice pudding?
2. It seems like the last 2nights I might have had some reflux but I've read that it might just be pain from the swelling that's registering in my brain as reflux. Opinions?
3. I keep reading that I won't be able to burp for months after the surgery but I've been able to burp since immediately afterwards. That's not a problem, is it?
4. What do to for the pain in my shoulders and neck? The incision sights are so much better, except for the ventral hernia incision, but this back/neck pain is almost unbearable. I'm staying on Tylenol to try to stay ahead of it but it doesn't seem possible!
5. Should I be taking a vitamin, especially iron as my blood count was down to 9.9 the morning of the surgery.
6. Finally, Should I be limiting liquid intake after 8PM or so as I did with food before the surgery to avoid reflux, or is it more important to get liquids and nutrition into me, even in the evening?
If you're still reading, thank you so much!
Post Edited (Gooby) : 9/24/2018 4:33:55 PM (GMT-6)