Posted 9/27/2020 9:24 PM (GMT -6)
Hi. In April 2020 I was diagnosed with sliding hiatal hernia 2cms, esophagitis, and GERD.
My understanding is the following options are for GERD:
• Transoral incisionless fundoplication procedure (TIF)
• open fundoplication / laparoscopic surgery
• Nissen fundoplication (also to repair hiatal hernia) surgery
• Endoscopic Injection of bulking agent surgery
• Endoluminal gastroplication surgery
• Endoscopic augmentation with Gidrogel implants surgery
• Endoscopic radiofrequency ablation surgery
• Laparoscopic insertion of a magnetic bead band (LINX) surgery
I’m taking RX’s Sucralfate 1GM tablets, one 4x per day on empty stomach 03 mins before food, Famotidine 40MG tablets, one 1x per day at bedtime, and Pantoprazole 40MG tablets one 1x per day 1 hour before first meal. Also taking supplements such as Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin 600mg tablets two with each protein meal, DGL Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root Extract chewable tablets, one 20 mins before each meal, Enzymedica Heartburn Relief chewable tablets 1-2 after each meal, Lily of the Desert Aloe Herbal Stomach Formula liquid 2-4 Tbsp (aloesorb, peppermint leaf, chamomile leaf, ginger root, slippery elm bark, fennel seed) taken 2 to 3 x per day 30 mins before food.
Acid keeps burning my esophagus too much.
I look forward to your thoughts. Thank you.