I am new here and came looking for message board help as I feel a little defeated with the medical community.
I am 35 years old, male, and generally healthy. My whole life I have struggled with a lot of gas, frequent burping, etc. early 20’s had pretty severe acid reflux to the point of being terrified to even eat. That only last about
a year and went away. Two years ago began my “new symptoms”.
- extreme gas. I can burp, legit burp loudly, every 5 minutes or so. And it’s not forced, it actually relieves gas pressure.
- general stomach “pain”. It’s very bearable but enough I can feel it and be all I think about
- stomach pain very targeted in the actual stomach organ. So left, upper abdomen.
- 1 recent ER visit for bad stomach pain that lasted about
10 hours. No clue what happened that day, hoping it’s a 1 off.
- no stool changes, very regular
What I have done:
I met with my general doc, she prescribed the meds you’d expect. PPI, H2, etc. they seemed to work, and then stop working or Mae it worse after a few weeks.
I obviously worry about
it being something severe like stomach cancer or something. But every doc, including GI seems to just think GERD. I do wonder if I actually have too low stomach acid. Can low stomach acid cause GERD or similar symptoms?
Anyone figure out a good way to suppress these symptoms without acid blockers?
Love to hear you thoughts.
Post Edited (Cg87) : 9/20/2022 11:35:43 PM (GMT-7)