New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Lonibel
Regular Member


Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 145
   Posted 11/4/2006 8:53 PM (GMT -6)   
I had a talk with a naturopath today.  He said they have found that 20% of heartburn cases have too much acid, and the other 80% have insufficient acid.    He said how this contributes to poor motility - the food just hanging out in the gut - and how that causes heartburn.
 
He also said that many people, in their effort to cut down on sodium, have eliminated an essential contributor to the balance of the digestive system.  He said that they actually recommend that some people take some sea salt dissolved in a glass of water during the day.  This hit home for me - I have very good b.p., but almost never use salt.  ...Another contribution to reflux?

imalukatic
Regular Member


Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 62
   Posted 11/6/2006 1:02 PM (GMT -6)   
I've heard about that, too, and tried it on and off, but never kept up with it. I think I'll give it a steady effort and see what happens. You never know.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:21 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,995,214 posts in 328,211 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161321 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, livin'life.
277 Guest(s), 11 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
tedgard, teri12345, Kent M., netsavy006, MG0351, Tudpock18, InTheShop, garyi, lmazy1, Tall Allen, BOB 46