I battled acid reflux off and on for 18 years and recently was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus. I think one of the culprits was taking a hair and nail vitamin that contained a high dose of biotin, I didn't realize how harsh biotin was on the stomach.
I think people with chronic acid reflux should have their valve repaired rather than being on PPI's for years on end. Why take medications when there is a procedure to seal off the "lazy" valve that keeps letting acid flow into the esophagus and can cure the condition? I swear some doctors would rather harm people than heal them.
I am going to see a doctor who does a procedure to remove the Barrett's and also to discuss getting my valve sealed.