We're in Los Angeles. I'm just really proud of my oldest, he's been training and has set a time goal of how fast he would to finish in. He says he's doing it because he can and because if his younger brother tried they'd have to call in the paramedics before the 4th floor.
Maybe they'll be doing something like it in your area or perhaps you can get people motivated to become involved like my 14 year-old has. He's doing this on Saturday, and here's the thing, it doesn't matter what time he comes in at. It doesn't matter if he finishes first or last. Just the experience of knowing that he was involved, that he tried to do something, anything, instead of just sitting around all the time hearing his younger brother wheeze, cough & struggle, he won.
Thanks for taking a minute.
Reason for Edit:
Im sorry but I have had to take the link out of your post as we are not allowed to have advertising on HealingWell:
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permited (including signatures).
- Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
- If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
- Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
- Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-4 or they will be removed.
- Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
Post Edited By Moderator (djdaz_1985) : 4/25/2008 4:39:08 PM (GMT-6)