Hi, this is my first time posting on the allergy forums but a question popped into my head last night when I went to order some vitamins and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since!
I had allergy tests done years ago and found that I'm allergic to dust (yeah, try getting away from that! lol) but also allergic to wasp and honey bee stings. I've been stung by a wasp twice before and my throat starts closing up after about 15-20 minutes. I've never been stung by a honey bee and even more frightening is the venom test shows I'm more allergic to honey bees than wasps!
The thing is, I've never had problems eating honey so does that mean I'm only allergic to bees and not bee products? Or are there bee products other than honey that I could be allergic to also? I can't even remember the vitamin or supplement I was looking at last night that said not to take it if you're allergic to bees or bee products.
Are there more in-depth allergy tests that could determine exactly what bee products I'm allergic to or will I need to just avoid all bee products just in case (other than honey, of course!)?
Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me!
FMS since 1988, diagnosed 2001
Non-insulin dependent Diabetic since 2006 (Insulin Resistance diagnosed 2001)
Morbidly Obese (working towards lap band surgery)
Hypothyroid, ADHD, OCD, PCOS, Depression (is anyone NOT depressed anymore??)