Posted 12/12/2008 1:57 PM (GMT -7)
It is not your imagination. Sensitivity to these types of things is real. I'd suggest consulting an allergist and get tested for inhalant allergies to trees and such, and food allergies especially to citrus. It is also possible you are reacting to some chemical in these cleaning and air freshener products, and the allergist may be helpful in figuring out what the common link is with all of these. Also, some find acupuncture and naturopathic treatments helpful for reducing reactivity when allergists don't find or offer help. Have you tried an antihistamine such as Claratin or Zyrtec? Good luck,
Chronic Lyme Disease, Gluten & Sulfite Sensitivity, Many Food/Inhalant/Medication Allergies & Intolerances, Asthma, Gut issues (dysmotility, non-specific inflammation), UCTD ("Secondary Lupus-Like Syndrome"), Osteoporosis, Anemia, Lymphopenia, intermittant Pancytopenia, chronic malabsorption/malnutrition, etc.; G-J Tube; Currently TPN-dependent.
Meds: Zofran, Pulmicort, Vitamin B12 Shots, Heparin (to flush PICC line).