Hello everyone this is my first time doing this or anything like this but so some concerns brought me here. I went to the Dr earlier today for shortness of breath which i thought were just after affects of pneumonia that i had from Sept 08- Dec 08. We took xrays and he discovered that my lungs are burned, I have the lungs of a 60yr old and I am only 24yrs
old and we cant figure out why. I am not a smoker although I have smoked in the past but its been a few yrs and this has never showed up in any xrays until now. We think its a possibilty it could be chemical burns but I havent used anything irregular that I havent used all my life(bleach, comet, pinesol, dispatch) I'm on medicine for the next 6mos to see if it will work if it doesnt he said I'll be on a lung and heart transplant list. I am so scared can someone help me or give me any advice??? How do your lungs get burned?