I'm glad you are seeing an allergist! With serious reactions you should never do self testing without his OK.
Have you tried eating cooked or canned cherries? Some people are sensitive to fresh but not cooked cherries.
If you wash the fruit well before eating you should be able to remove a lot of toxic chemicals, but some are absorbed by plants through the roots. Fruits and vegetables shouldn't be sprayed when the fruit is on them, but I sure wouldn't count on it.
It's easy to acquire a new allergy by being exposed to it. I fed birds for many years, then I found I have a bad allergy to sunflower seed. I get shots now, still feed birds and avoid eating sunflower seed, sunflower seed butter.