Posted 11/22/2009 10:08 AM (GMT -6)
Okay, I admit I'm a walking allergy.
Enviromential: detergents, fabric softeners, soaps, shampoos, perfumes, smoke, anything with dye or scented to smell good. Even my toliet tissue must be hypoallergenic.
Every tree but a beech tree, every grass, weed, flower, and bush. Every pet that has hair.
Roaches and rats.
Drug allergies: penicillin, sulfa drugs, monocycline, levaquin, restasis, beditine
Food allergies: shellfish, cantilope
And now pomegrante
I discovered pomogrante last year. I ate five of them with no trouble last year. Last night I sat down and ate a whole one with glee. Afterwards my tongue on the very tip was a little tender, but I assumed it was due to me using my tongue to manipulate the seeds as I crushed the juice out.
During the night I has a small asthma attack (still hadn't put two and two together).
This morning I look in the mirror and see tiny welts all across my face. My eyes are itchy and red. The welts are a little itchy. My face is red and puffy.
I've taken a Visteril, which is a powerful antihistmine, that was left over from my last allergic reaction. I hope I don't get any worse. That will mean I'll have to go get an IV treatment at the local ER. $$$$$$$$
I just want to cry.
Don't mention allergy shots. I'm allergic to them.
Well, I have to go. Thanks for the vent.