Hi everyone. A couple of weeks ago I was stung by a bee (on the tongue!) and had an anaphylactic episode. It was the second time I'd been stung by a bee in over 20 years, and the first time I ever had a reaction. Within minutes, my neck got red (I mean, Rudolph red), my ears and face swelled and I got hives up and down my arms. I started wheezing, but I could still breathe. I was given Benadryl and epinephrine and was in the ER for 6 hours.
They sent me home with steroids (for three days) and Benadryl as needed. I was sick the whole week from the meds.
That was two weeks ago. Now since this past Saturday, it seems I am developing hives from a number of potential things: extremes of hot and cold, frozen yogurt and even exercise. Has anyone experienced something like this post-bee sting? I'm set to see an allergist in a week and a half but I don't know if I ought to wait that long.