Posted 1/1/2011 3:25 PM (GMT -6)
The yellowish liquid could be lymph. I get nose sores in my nose all the time, and they weep lymph if I blow my nose too hard or pick at the scab on the sore. Antibiotic ointment doesn't always work for mine; sometimes I need to be on an oral antibiotic to get the sores to go away. Since I started antibiotics for Lyme treatment 2 years ago, I haven't had any nose sores.
You might also consider looking into Xlear nasal spray (many drug stores & health food stores sell this) - it contains xylitol, which prevents bacteria from sticking to mucus membranes.