My 3 year old son had a hives outbreak yesterday evening and another one tonight. I am unsure of what to make of this. He did not eat anything new; however the common denominator between both outbreaks was eating chocolate with almonds. The first night it was an Odwalla Chocolate bar and tonight it was a piece of milk chocolate with almond and some Rollos (chocolate with caramel). I have been treating him with Benedryl and the symptoms disappear after one dose.
It is odd that I had hives on my leg just last week as well, but there was no itching for me like there was for my son. Also, my marks did not disappear like his. After my rounds of benedryl, my red marks turn to purple bruise like marks. I should point out that I have always had a peanut allergy, but my son has not had any allergies and we know that he is not allergic to peanuts.
Any insight you could offer would be helpful.