Posted 9/14/2011 2:26 PM (GMT -6)
Hey allergy/asthma sufferers! I haven't checked in for a while because I have been feeling better lately! Yippie! My asthma has been way better and I wanted to share some cleaning and dust mite tips. This is very ironic because I hate to clean. But if I make myself do these things once a week I feel better for the other 6 days.
1. Get a new mattress, pillows, and covers for all
2. Rip carpet out of bedroom and get wood or laminate
3. Wash bedding on hot once a week (i hate havin to do this)
4. Get rid of frilly throw pillows, and dust ruffles, fancy curtains and the like (dust mite heaven)
5. Mop hardwood floors once a week (hate this too)
6. Stop using cleaning products and detergents w/strong fragrance (get fragrance free if you can find it)
7. Get filtrete air filters for cental air (get the good one)
I had difficulty breathing for almost 2 years and I wish someone had told me to do all this in the begining. I did all this and gradually I got better. Not as many Dr. visits and don't have to use my inhaler as much. It wasn't cheap to get a new mattress and floors but it was worth it. Hope this helps. Good luck. Bye Yall!