This is my first post, I came across this site by searching yahoo for "dizzy from allergies", and what do you know, here I am
Anyways, I'm a 27 year old male from Ca, recently (2 1/2 weeks ago) I was at work and all of a sudden got really dizzy, I sat for a few minutes and began to feel an anxiety type of feel through my body, I was soon taken to the ER. Dr (Stress) diagnosed me with stress. After a few more days of dizziness and several trips to my personal Dr, to the lab for blood tests, to the Neurologist, back to the lab for more tests and back to my personal Dr, I became a little worried and not to mention upset due to the fact I was missing too much work.
Yesterday (4-15-2008) @ 6:00am I phoned my aunt in Mexico who is a Dr, told her what was going on, first thing she said was "I will be here all day so feel free to drop by" - my face was
... made the 2.5 hour drive down south, shortly upon arrival I was seen by her, was asked a few questions, 10 minutes later was in the office of a top notch Dr. specializing in the nose, throat and ears ( I know they have a name) not familiar with them since this is first time something this severe has happened to me. He asked a few questions, put a camera device in my ears, nose and throat, everything was visible on a monitor few feet away from me, I chose not to look since all I heard from them was "wow" "thats not good" "no wonder you feel this way".
I was diagnosed with sinus infection - 1 ear clogged with mucus, 1 nostril clogged with mucus, 2nd nostril 50% clogged with mucus, (no wonder I snore daily) and sleep with my mouth open!!
In the end and less than $200 later I feel 1 Million times better!!!!!!
The tratment I was given is to drain all mucus from my ear and nose!
Quick Notes -
- I've always had asthma (I think)
- I've always had allergies
- This March and April have been really hard on my allergies and asthma (Inhalor to the rescue)
BEFORE DR. VISIT IN MEXICO
- Watery eyes EVERYDAY!!!!! this month!
- Inhalor EVERYDAY this month 3-4 times a day
- Migranes 3-4 times a week this month!
- Dizziness everyday for the last 2 1/2 weeks!
- The more I blew my nose, the better I felt!
AFTER DR. VISIT IN MEXICO
- I got 1 shot on left arm for allergies
- I got a 2 week medication (includes 2 pills and 1 nasal spray)
- I got the shot 24 hrs ago from the time of this message post
- I began treatment last night roughly midnight!
Just want to let you all know that I'm a happy person again! After 24 hrs of the allergy shot, 3 pills later and 2 nasal sprays, I feel like I should! Had a GOOD night sleep last night, no need for the inhalor, no dizziness and NO WATERY EYES!
Feel free to ask any questions - I'm 100% guinea pig right now but will keep all you posted!
Post Edited (Steve1137) : 4/16/2008 4:58:38 PM (GMT-6)