new self-treatment of allergy - Your oppinion

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

borut
New Member


Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 6/20/2012 5:38 AM (GMT -6)   
I would like to know what is your opinion about my self-treatment technique.
It worked 100% for me, I overcame an mild hair dye allergy, but I am aware that every

person is an individium with different body react.
Don't judge me, don't say that I should not have done it, if you didn't experienced any

allergy, please do not post. Be open minded and please don't say that I am spamming:

I developed PPD allergy when I was 22 years old after 4 years of hair dyeing on black.

(I am male ginger and I didn't like my natural hair colour).
Once I had developed allergy, nothing helped. My scalp became itchy more and more and I

started loosing hair. No extra shampooning or creams helped. I think one should not

expect to ever use chemical dye ever again ever if only mild reaction was developed.
I was researching and after a year I found another solution, indigo - indigofera

tinctoria - natural hair dye - India plant used for dyening hairs, cottons etc.

Due to my natural hair on which indigo did't adhere well I had to dye my hair every 10

days. I used pure indigofera tinctoria with destilled water heated to 60 degrees and

with non-iodic salt on extra-clean hair.
After a year, suddenly the same thing happened as it happened when I was using chemical

dye. My scalp became itchy more and more from week to week until my hair
started to fall out again. I was very depressed. Indigo also can not be removed

entirely from hair. Finely I had to shave myself to avoid any further itching and
redness of my scalp. Once you develop allergy on indigo it is there. I tried to dye

just a patch of my hair after a year and allergy was still there.
However, I didn't like my ginger hairs and started to explore again. Tried also dyeing

with walnut shells with the same allergy again. I didn't dye my hair for 2 years and

even with no dying on my hair, slight allergy was developed every few months. I had

very sensitive scalp and had to forget on any dyeing.

Imagine how frustrating all that was. Not only I lost part of my hair during allergy

reaction (for which I did'nt know they will grow back), I also didn't feel
well with my ginger colour of hair.

But I didn't gave up. after two years I found that allergy can be treated with allergen

injections but was very expensive in Slovenia.

It sounds strange what I did (I was very desperate), but it helped.
I red that if you raise your alergen level in your blood, the body would stops

reaction!!!
Indigofera tinctoria is a natural plant used also for healing in traditional medicine

and is considered nontoxic to human body.
I again partly dyed my hair (on the back, so I was able to cut them at eventual allergy

reaction)

I sniffed (snorted)indigofera tinctoria powder through my nose, two times a day for a

month. The taste was not very pleasant but alergen absorbed trough mucous membrane.

After first sniff, itching on the back stopped. But developed again. I sniffed a small

amount of pure indigofera tinctoria powder when itching started. After I month I

overcame an allergy and was able to dye all of my hair with no itching or hair falling

out.

I was very happy with my experiment, but I didn't wan't to share with anyone because

one might think I am giving hazardous advices.
I know well how frustrating itchy scalp and allergy can be and it was nothing compared

to slight risk of indigofera toxicity (I did'n found any bad effect).

I don't encourage anyone to do the same as I did. One should get allergen injections

under medical supervise if develope allergy on all hair dies but still doesn't want to

give up hair dyeing.

After your body stops reaction on allergen, it is permanent solution. Now I have been

using indigo on my hair for 5 years without any reaction. My hair grew back.

Please contact me on borut.pecar@gmail.com if you want to share your hair dye allergy

story with me.

Perhaps the self treatment technique would work also for real henna or lawsonia inermis

allergy (red hair dye). I have not tried and I have no idea about lawsonia inermis

toxity.

I used this technique because I developed mild allergy on indigo which only showed on

my scalp as irritation, itching, hair break.

Official allergy treatment similar to mine is called sublingual immunotherapy,
but allergen is put under the tongue instead.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublingual_immunotherapy

Attention: If you have serious allergy on indigo attacking your eyes, respiratory...

STAY AWAY FROM ALLERGEN, IT CAN BE DANGEROUS AND FATAL!!!

jujub
Forum Moderator


Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 10407
   Posted 6/20/2012 7:15 AM (GMT -6)   
Borut, I would think the sublingual route would be safer, as I worry about lung irritation from snorting the allergen. I'm glad you're happy with your result, but I think "ginger" (which we in the US call "red" hair) is beautiful. I guess none of us is ever happy with what we have.
Ulcerative colitis diagnosed in 2001; symptoms as early as 1992. In remission since 2006 with Remicade.
Inflammatory osteoarthritis; osteonecrosis from steroids
Grave's disease successfully treated with radioactive iodine and now on Levothyroxine.
Type II diabetes induced by steroids.
Meds: Remicade, Colazal, Levothyroxine, Mobic, Metformin

Moderator, thyroid forum

Red_34
Forum Moderator


Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 23551
   Posted 6/21/2012 6:53 AM (GMT -6)   
I dye my hair red just to have that beautiful ginger color! lol But I agree with Judy, snorting ANYTHING is bound to have some sort of lung irritation at some point.

In the US we have allergy injections - do they have them there? It's where they take miniscule amounts of what you are allergic to and inject you with it. Increasing the dosage every so often to help build up a resistance to the allergen.
SHERRY
Moderator-Allergies/Asthma and Alzheimer's, Co-moderator-UC
Diagnosed Left sided UC in '92 - meds: 6mp, Colazal, Remicade and Bentyl*Unable to tolerate ALL mesalamines*, in '11 diagnosed with IBS, Diverticulosis, Fibromylagia..I also have Sacroiilitis, Scoliosis, Raynauds, OA, PA, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Dry Eye and allergies controlled by Zyrtec and Singular

borut
New Member


Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 6/27/2012 6:14 AM (GMT -6)   
Thank you for your posts. I am aware that snorting is not the safest way, but in my case was very effective. I would definitively have tried sublingual therapy with indigo drops, but as far as I know we don't have such treatment in our country. Only allergen injections which are rather expensive and I think the doctor wouldn't allow such treatment if allergen can be avoided (no hair dyeing at all).
I didn't experienced any lung irritation, probably it did't came to lungs but only on mucous membrane. I found it easier than put indigo leaf powder under my tongue and I also read on the internet that some patients snort pain-killer medicine to achieve fastest results, but it is not medically recognized for it is linked with drug abuse (cocaine). I have never taught that these substances could get into lungs.

Thank you again for your oppinion,
Borut
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, April 23, 2018 12:02 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,954,463 posts in 324,123 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 162163 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Kburch.
214 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
KYLEb23