Posted 2/11/2014 8:03 AM (GMT -7)
Hi people it's been almost 6 months now since I started having LPR-like symptoms but the more I investigate and tried different methods to elevate or eliminate the symptoms the more I am confuse on what I really have:
-This started after having a cold/flu for almost 2 weeks in late June, then one night I woke up in cold sweat not able to breath! I had to go into the garden to get more air. Since then I also started to loose my usual physical strength and desire to do things I loved to do.
- I have had laryngoscopy but the doctor did not think it looked like reflux.
- I tried allergy nose sprays and anti histamine but didn't seem to work? (how long do they take to work if this is allergy?)
- Higher-than normal total IgE (1680)
- Barium swallow did not show any amount of reflux.
- Strangely enough I do not cough or clear my throat nor feel any real pain/discomfort in my throat, I do have stuffy nose and sometimes plugged right ear.
- The sticky clear phlegm usual happens after I eat.
- Really cold hands and feet, inside of my nose and throat sometimes feel that way too.
- Most difficult symptom is the loss of breath -I have not been able to breath without having to think or try to get a full breath, but when I am almost at the top my breath just stops and won't go any further, and give out this really strange vibrating/rubbing sound from under the Crinoid cartilage. I am really loosing my strength and will to do things from not able to breath normally.
- I have never had noticeable reflux/heartburn at all
- Have not had 24-hr Ph reading nor manometry yet, I will however get the Pepstest to see if I have any amount of Pepsin in the saliva, which usually indicates LPR diagnosis.
Please guys I need your help, are there other kinds of disease/conditions that would cause my symptoms? Also should I maybe try drugs like Elavil or Neurotin to see if this is really caused by irritated vagus nerves perhaps from the cold/flu?
Thanks for your help....