Cinnamon is a common allergen. Even if you haven't had a reaction previously it's possible that was the trigger.
There are so many other possibilities though:
Figs may have been preserved with sulfites, a common allergen.
Cinnamon may have been preserved also.
The fruit juice, may have contained who-knows what. Grape juice is naturally sulfited.
But sulfites may not have had anything to do with your allergy if you haven't had a problem with hives or other reactions, like migraines or gastric reflux.
Good for you for keeping a food diary! It will help the allergist.
Every time you get a reaction look up the name of the foods recently eaten and add the term allergy or sensitivity. If you start seeing a list of foods that give you trouble you can put the group of foods in the box with "food allergies" and hopefully you will find a connection.
Common groups besides sulfites are salicylates and MSG, besides all the usual single foods.
Definitely see the allergist, as there should be a skin test for cinnamon. Some people are allergic to skin contact with it.
Post Edited (Alcie) : 7/23/2015 6:15:33 AM (GMT-6)