Yes, you can significantly reduce phlegm production. Do the below starting as soon as you can.
I am not a doctor or a licensed health professional. Having said that... I know what I am talking about and have researched, practiced and counseled others on natural solutions to health related problems.
- NUMBER ONE__ GET A SHOWER FILTER THAT FILTERS OUR CHLORINE. The chorine in the steam that you breathe during showers and kitchen work absolutely makes the bronchial problems worse and damages your lungs. Research this if it is a new idea to you.
- Cut out all dairy, beans and soy for the day. These foods increase phlegm production.
- Then eat lightly all day (avoiding red meat and large meals) Increasing Omega 3's is a good idea. It is important to eat smaller meals without red meat, beans, dairy or soy for at least 24 hours.
- Do a salt water flush before bed. The salt dries the phlegm. If you are not familiar with salt water flushes, please please please research them first They are a whole 'nother post.( hint: the people on youtube, for the most part, are doing it wrong. Stick with authoritative websites.) Use natural 'pink' sea salt or celtic salt or any salt that reads on the label that it has not been exposed to chemicals. You must use sundried natural salts. Go to your health food store--- they will absolutely have the right kind of salt. This salt does not mess with your blood pressure or vein and artery health like killer table salt.
- The salt water not only will dry out the phlegm, but it also causes a very real expelling process of toxins from your body-- just not in the form of phlegm
- You may not wake up phlegm free, but I promise you that there will be much less volume of it and frequency of expelling it. Cut out dairy, beans and soy as much as you can during the days that follow.
If you just can't do the salt water flush then do the eating thing - including small meals- and sweat it out (non humid environment of course). Just remember to increase your water intake significantly to allow as much sweating and moisture replenishments as possible. If that is not an option either then all I can suggest is cutting out the dairy, beans and soy. Just that one step will help somewhat. Of course increase water intake to thin out the mucous for easier expelling.
There are going to be people who want to write and say "you shouldn't do that, phlegm is a natuarl process to protect or bodies". To you I write: The salt water flush will expell the toxins and is a much more private affair than hacking up nasty phlegm in public. Also, if you want to protect your bodies naturally quit eating all that high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, white flour and chemicalized table salt. Your body would much prefer to say good-bye to those unnatural man-made population control factors than protecting its right to hack up yellow and green slime. Put down the white bread and fake food, people, and pay attention to what you think is worth defending.