unknown allergy-anaphylaxis

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

ninjaheidi
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 11/20/2017 7:01 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi I have recently developed a severe allergy and go into anaphylaxis. It appears to start in my throat, then my eyes swell to closed, then my throat swells up and sometimes hives appear. My allergy tests have come back negative for pollen, grass, rag, latex, peanuts. It thought maybe it was environmental ( outdoors), but had an attack yesterday and its minus 20 where I am.
Does anybody have any idea. It appears to happen at random times. My attack yesterday, there was no food in my system for 2 hours, had been walking out in minus 20. Happened 2 minutes after I came in the house.
Please Please help
Thank you

Any idea would be great
I currently carry an EPI pen,ans have been given prednisone for the allergy attacks

Sr Sailor
Regular Member


Date Joined Sep 2015
Total Posts : 283
   Posted 11/24/2017 11:00 AM (GMT -7)   
I recommend you discuss this issue with a cardiologist
DOB 1940
Dec 2012: GP felt a nodule and hardened prostate; confirmed by urologist
PSA: 11.9 ng/ml
Biopsy (3/1/2013): Several Gleason 4+5 loci (prostate=45 ml)
Stage: T2c
Transferred to RO
Casodex 1 month; then Lupron 5/13 through 12/14 (18 months total)
Jul-Sep 2013: SBRT (CyberKnife; 3 x 6.5 Gy) followed by IMRT (25 x 1.8 Gy)
Lowest PSA thereafter: 0.1 (3/20/15)
Latest (9/17) PSA = 1.4 ng/ml

gioconda
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 4
   Posted 11/24/2017 11:09 AM (GMT -7)   
Keep getting tests until the mystery is solved.

Have you been tested for mold? This can be very toxic and not visible at all in your environment.

ninjaheidi
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 11/24/2017 11:56 AM (GMT -7)   
Thank you Sr Sailor, can you please tell me why a cardiologist. I live in a small place I would have to get doctor approval to ship me out the check this and that is not so east where I live.
Thank you

ninjaheidi
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 11/24/2017 11:58 AM (GMT -7)   
Thank you gioconda, I have had blood work checking for mold, but the doctors lost the results and they are searching for them. Do you know if direct contact is required? I have having such a hard time figuring out what is going on.

gioconda
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 4
   Posted 11/24/2017 12:26 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi Ninjaheidi ~ Mold spores are invisible but for those w/allergy to mold this can be absolutely devastating.

Symptoms range from terrible headaches to allergic rhinitis [nose running], asthma & severe skin rash.

I read your reply very carefully. Anaphylactic shock from food allergy occurs quickly ~ not 2 hours later. So it seems logical your toxic allergen is something in your environment.

It was once explained to me that allergic reactions can be like a bow and arrow. You draw back the bow further and further with each allergy attack and then one day ~~BOOM~~ the arrow shoots all the way out and the body goes into deep shock... which can indeed be fatal.

You have been told how serious is anaphylactic shock? YOU MUST HAVE TWO EPI-PENS. Get another one today. In case the ambulance does not arrive quickly YOU NEED TO INJECT YOURSELF A SECOND TIME or have a friend or neighbor help you administer a second dose of epinephrine in 15 minutes.

Do you have a person nearby you can discuss your allergy problem? You need someone that is willing to help if you go into anaphylactic shock. You have 30 minutes to get to a hospital. It's very dangerous. I am worried about you!

I know about mold allergy since it's happening to me. It's a nightmare. I moved from another state and rented a condo online from looking at photos. I had a friend check the place in person for me. She did not do a very good examination of the property. When I walked in I smelled mold immediately. It is very pungent. I immediately experienced horrible symptoms and went to emergency care.. I've been on prednisone for months which barely controls the violent skin rash I have on my arms & legs. It's truly awful.

To answer your question, you don't need to touch the mold. You only need to breathe the spores. Most people have problems with lungs and rhinitis [runny nose] but in my case it's manifested as a terrible skin rash. I was tested as a child and on a scale of 1 to 10 mold was an "11". I never lived in an environment like I do right now since I lived in L.A. which is basically a desert and very dry. I moved to Florida which is very wet ~ and boy ~ am I paying for it since I've been told by local residents that mold is everywhere due to intense moisture in climate.

Since you are in 20 below weather, I don't know your environment as I've never lived in the cold. However, wherever there is moisture [rain, snow, etc] there can be mold in between the walls. You can have the air tested [very expensive] or insist your allergist test you ASAP for mold.

Please get a second Epi-pen RIGHT AWAY!!!!

Let me know how you are doing. I send you my very best wishes.

Sr Sailor
Regular Member


Date Joined Sep 2015
Total Posts : 283
   Posted 11/24/2017 3:39 PM (GMT -7)   
ninjaheidi said...
Thank you Sr Sailor, can you please tell me why a cardiologist. I live in a small place I would have to get doctor approval to ship me out the check this and that is not so east where I live.
Thank you


This is just speculation (!), but since you were outside for quite sometime in bitter cold, the sudden change in temperature might have upset your heart rhythm or your arteries/blood pressure. If you have no cardiologist nearby, I suggest you contact a 'regular' physician (GP).

ninjaheidi
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 11/25/2017 8:32 PM (GMT -7)   
Thank you Sr Sailor, I never would have thought of that, i will certainly bring it to my doctors attention.
Thank you again

ninjaheidi
New Member


Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 11/25/2017 8:43 PM (GMT -7)   
Thank you so much for the information gioconda, I am going through my home this weekend to see what I can find.
I am so so sorry for your situation, I hope you get better very soon, and I am sending healing thoughts.

Just a point of interest I do get severe heat rash from the sun, have had it my whole life, but a water and salt solution appears to get rid of it, maybe you may want to try in on a small portion of your rash to see if it help.
Take Care!
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 18, 2017 9:49 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,906,739 posts in 318,991 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 158335 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Makas.
384 Guest(s), 9 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Rick1310, PeppermintTea, Spring, EruditePaul, Katia, Progressing, FamilyGuy, RocketMan12, Steve n Dallas