I have been having an allergic reaction for a month now. There are 3 things that I suspect but its still unknown to me what causes it.
I have had a reaction of hives, redness and swelling of my eyes after dyeing my with hair with Henna and Indigo. The package says 100 % pure indigo and henna powder, no PPD and other chemicals, so I would not expect an allergic reaction but still people can be allergic to plants.
Also the day before I dyed my hair I had cleaned mold from my window corners, so I also suspect mold exposesure could be causing my symptoms. I have been eating sauerkraut and raisins and chocolate on one day, wich are high histamine foods and they could also be the cause of the reaction UNDER MY eyes and swollen eyes in the morning, maybe I have developed Histamine Intolerance or an allergy for one of the foods...
Most likely its the hairdye cause after dying my hair the reaction started with a strong headache followed by itchyness all over my face and redness, burning sensation under my eyes, BUT NOT ON MY SCALP AND EARS so thats why its so weird.
Also when I eat foods high in histamine like cheese, chocolate, dried fruit it seems to trigger a mild itchy reaction, but again that could also be due to the indigo/henna that stays on the hair for 4 weeks or more It could be that it gives of particals on my pillow and when I am sleeping my hair comes into my face. Maybe its giving off little particals and thats why its still irritating the skin around my eyes from time to time cause after I have been sleeping the symptoms are stronger in the mornings.
I am also thinking that after washing my hair the Indigo/henna becomes again into my bloodstream causing symptoms after washing.... Or it takes along time before the reaction is completely gone cause there are still antibodies in my blood coming in contact with my hair?
I was also thinking about
being exposed to the mold, by inhaling mold spores, it could be causing an allergic reaction to several things that have mold spores like Indigo powder and raisins .... maybe the mold has triggered an overreacting imuunsystem and I am reacting to several things all the sudden? anyone idea's / experiences similar to mine?
Post Edited (allergicmystery83) : 2/5/2018 1:41:38 AM (GMT-7)