Posted 11/3/2006 9:44 AM (GMT -6)
I have had allergies and sinus problems for 20 years. I also have lupus which probably complicates this. When I'm in a carpet store or around any adhesive for tile, carpet, bathroom grout, strong cleaning products like tilex, perfume, scented candals, tar, oil and many other things I get a migraine, sometimes after only 1 breath of this stuff. My sinuses go wild, stuffing up, runny nose, cough, sneezing, itching around my lips and in my throat...continually for hours. I'm on some med. for allergies but not an oral antihistimine at this time. Prednisone, above 12 mg. calms this down but I am trying to reduce the amount I use and am now on a strong immune suppresent which is really helping my lupus but does nothing for my allergies. When I'm having an attack my life is miserable and I can't function much. It happened twice this week and I am really sick when this happens. I just got off 10 days of augmenten for sinus infection and I don't think I have one now.
Does ANYONE have any experience with this, any solutions? When on an oral antihistimine it had little effect but I'd go on one again if I could with all my meds. Is there any point in getting tested for chemicals? I've been to doctors, both ENT and allergy, have had catscan, scope in nose, skin testing was positive for 2 house dust mites, 3 molds and 3 pollans. Never been tested for food allergies...Mayo clinic doesn't do this. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Lonna
DX: lupus, headaches, hairloss, lipoatrophy, high blood pressure, allergies, chemical sensitivities, sun sensitivity, neuropathy in hands and feet
Meds: cellcept, prednisone 7mg, cozaar, effexor, trazodone, lunesta, vicodin, volteran, imitrex nasal for migraines, nasonex and astelin for allergies.