Many of the inhalers have side effects that include rapid heartbeat. You may find that a different reliever is less problematic. I find terbutaline more easy to tolerate than salbuterol (less headache and rapid heartbeat). Your doctor should be able to help and may wish to give you an inhaler to help prevent your problems, which you should take as prescribed, even if you are feeling well.
Hope this helps, good luck.
current asthma meds:
- salbutamol 5mg by nebuliser when needed
- bricanyl inhaler as needed
- atrovent, two puffs three times daily
- symbicort 200/6, three puffs twice daily
- uniphyllin 300mg twice daily
- singulair 10mg once daily
- visclair two tabs three times daily
- cocodamol 30/500 for pain (alternating with co-dydramol)
- citalopram 20mg for depression