Does anyone here have experience with mold allergies? I am severely allergic to mold (and many other things -- that was one of the most reactive ones when I was tested), and I now have a problem with it in my house. I have the typical allergy symptoms as well as asthma. They're not so bad right now in my house, but I stayed with a friend recently and nearly got a respiratory infection from the mold in her house. I know I have mold in the basement here (from a faulty sewer line -- that's a whole other issue), but my landlords don't want to pay to have it professionally cleaned. Problem is, the landlords are my parents.
I mean, I pay rent and everything, but they technically own the house. So I'm trying to convince them that it's necessary to have this mold professionally removed. Any experience here? I've read a bit on the web that says trying to remove it yourself can actually cause it to spread.