Posted 7/30/2008 4:06 PM (GMT -7)
But it could also be a reaction to temperature (heat), a reaction to chlorine or some other substance in the water, a reaction to the soap or shampoo, etc. Heck, I was reacting with a rash on my cheeks when I went out in the sun, if I used a specific brand of soap to clean my glasses or to wash my hands. The soap did not touch my cheeks, but the vapors may have, and it obviously traveled through my sinuses to my cheeks or through my body some other way to my cheeks to present the itchy rash. I thought I was having a sun-related autoimmune rash, but since discontinuing the use of the soap, I have not had one tiny hint of that sun-sensitive rash. So basically I would be surprised if a person could be allergic to pure dihydrogen oxide (aka, water)...
Gluten & Sulfite Sensitivity, Many Food/Inhalant/Medication Allergies & Intolerances, Asthma, Gut issues (dysmotility, non-specific inflammation), UCTD (Lupus?), Osteoporosis, Anemia, Lymphopenia, chronic malabsorption/malnutrition, Lyme Disease (Igenex Lab IgM WesternBlot positive; & as of 7/25/08, IgM is CDC Positive!), etc.; Currently TPN-dependent.
Meds: Zofran, Vitamin B12 Shots, Heparin (to flush PICC line).