Make sure that you:
* Follow the treatment plan exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
* Try to quit smoking, if you are a smoker.
* Write down the results of your peak flows.
* Write down the use of your rescue medicine.
* Avoid any things at home or work that may bring on your asthma or make it worse.
Using your inhaler
How to correctly use your metered-dose inhaler plus spacer device:
Step 1. Remove the cap and place your metered dose inhaler in the spacer.
Step 2. Shake well.
Step 3. Exhale slowly with the spacer in your mouth.
Step 4. Press down on the canister once as you start inhaling.
Step 5. Inhale slowly and deeply.
Step 6. Hold your breath for 10 seconds, if you can. If not, try to hold your breath for at least four to five seconds.
Step 7. Exhale slowly through your nose or pursed lips.
Step 8. Wait 60 seconds and shake the inhaler well again for the next puff.
Action Plan at Home
I copy the info from http://www.5zu.cn/archives/category/conditions/asthma/
Post Edited (ihover) : 8/10/2007 8:26:35 AM (GMT-6)