Hello, this is Kitt and Welcome to Healing Well and the A & P forum. It is great to have you with us and I hope you have the chance to meet many of our warm and caring members.
I have not experienced the dissociative symptoms but here is a bit of info for you.
The patterns of dissociative disorders usually develop as a reaction to trauma and function to keep difficult memories at bay.
The symptoms may include:
- Memory loss (amnesia) of certain time periods, events and people
- Mental health problems, including depression and anxiety
- A sense of being detached from yourself (depersonalization)
- A perception of the people and things around you as distorted andunreal (derealization)
- A blurred sense of identity
I do not know if you have a therapist but it is a thought. Please keep posting as we are here for you and more than willing to listen and support.
Reference: Medical -Surgical Nursing; Williams & Hopper
Moderator Anxiety ~ Panic Disorders
*~* Not a mental health professional at all *~*
Dx: Anxiety/Panic, Depression, GERD, Osteoarthritis
*Wife of a Crohnie*