I've had anxiety off and on this year, still not sure exactly why. I've also started to feel depressed. I have a lot of stress at home and constantly worry. But I still have a fear that it may be something more serious than just anxiety. I'm always worrying about
my health and it just sucks not knowing what is going on.
Tomorrow I'm going to call and make an appt for later this week. I've been going to an almost-free health clinic but they only have nurses and aren't really much help. I don't have any health insurance so the doctor's visit alone is going to cost me $100 - not including all the tests and what not. It kinda makes me nervous because I already have money troubles. I don't even know what kind of doctor I should go to. One for anxiety or just a plan ole family doctor? I just hope who ever I go see helps. I have wasted so much money through out the years on doctor's visits and never got a dx.
What really worries me lately is the weird tension I feel in my head, usually on top, but sometimes all over -- not really a pain, just a very uncomfortable sensation, as if it's dehydrated, if that makes sense. I eat well but don't exercise as much as I should -- I babysit two little 1 year olds 5-6 days a week and I'm always too exhausted to work out.
I'm just going to list some of the things that has been going on with me and if anyone has any advice, please let me know. I'm not looking for a dx, just want to know if anyone else is going through this. You guys may help me find the right doctor for my symptoms. Or what tests I should probably take first - without spending $100's on tests I probably won't need.
Keep in mind, I don't feel like this ALL the time. There are some days I feel fine and others I don't -- that's what is so weird about
1. tension in head (right now mostly on top and lower back near my neck)
2. lack of energy and feeling fatigue
3. wanting to sleep all the time (I don't take naps, and usually get 7-8 hours a sleep a night, but I always want MORE, I never feel quite awake)
4. feeling as though I don't get enough or quality sleep
5. frequent urination and bowel movements (usually the days I feel anxious or worrying a lot)
6. light headed and dizziness (really scary) fear of passing out which keeps me from going places. :(
7. feeling "out of it" - like my mind is else where and people look weird to me, hard to explain.
8. trouble concentrating
9. severe worrying, about
real and unreal things as well. Things that normally should be worried about
then some things that are just so weird and would never happen.
10. extreme fear of dying young (I have so many dreams and ambitions and I fear I won't be able to do them all)
11. Uneasy feeling -- short tempter and sometimes even cry randomly (when things just seem to get too hard to deal with).
I could go on, but those are the things that get in the way the most. It's really hard getting through the days. I feel so helpless. I want my energy back. :| I just don't know what to do. I want so bad to go to the PERFECT doctor and get a dx, no matter what it is.
What tests should I get, any one have suggestions? Or what should I ask of the doctor. I don't want to waste my money again. :|
I should also add that I don't take meds. I've taken a PIECE of a Xanax twice. My cousin has some for anxiety and she gave me some once while I was having a panic attack and during my uncle's funeral. It seemed to help but also makes me really tired. But in general, I don't take meds. I've taken Tylenol a few times for the tension headache but it rarely works so I just stopped taking it.
EDIT // hmm, I just noticed when I look to the ceiling the tension in my head becomes worse - slight pain in middle of my head. Like a line from the bottom to the top. Maybe it's from sleeping.. my body always aches in the mornings.
Post Edited (Kiyuri) : 10/5/2008 11:51:41 AM (GMT-6)