I don't have any experience with Zoloft. But I do know that anti-depressant meds and other meds take weeks to take effect. You need ways of relieving your stress and tension. Do the following:
1. Begin a journal. Write down all your feelings, fears, symptoms, etc.
2. Learn a relaxation technique or meditation.
3. Cut out caffeine, sweets and junk food.
4. Buy a book or two on anxiety. You will find some good ones here on this forum. Look at the top.
5. If you haven't already, find a good therapist.
Lastly, loved ones can be a problem. You are lucky enough to have people who care and want to help. They can educate themselves about
anxiety disorders and depression. The most important thing they can do is be there to listen. You will feel better soon! Keep us informed on how you're doing!
Anxiety Disorder/Mitral Valve Prolapse
40 mg Prozac, Toprol 75 mg and occasionally Ativan