I was talking with Becky the other day, and we were joking about
all the things that change when you don't have a job, so we thought we'd start a fun post about
Here are a couple of Becky's responses:
You know you're unemployed when:
1) The words "I have all the time in the world" are a common response when making plans with friends
2) Waking up before noon is an early day.
3) Your list of things to do on a day includes a shower (and it's not #1 on the list)
Here are some of my responses:
1) You know you are unemployed when you call up a radio station in response to an ad you heard for $1,000.00 worth of free groceries. You know it sounds too good to be true and when they tell you they need your credit card number for a simple $3.95 postage charge (which you know has to be a scam) you almost give it to them anyway.
2) You know you are unemployed when you see a job opening in your old department/company and call your former boss whom you have not spoken to in ten years to ask for networking help. And if that doesn't spell "Desperate", you don't know what else does.
3) You know you are unemployed when you have to share some personal info. with a person when requesting an extension for paying your bill. And during this process you realize that you have actually lost some of your humility and are getting better at it.
<!-- Edit -->
Post Edited (CassandraLee) : 6/15/2009 7:07:02 PM (GMT-6)