You have detoxed on your own in a week off of alcohol and you were drinking fairly heavily?
Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal
Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:
- Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
- Feeling of shakiness
- Irritability or easily excited
- Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
- Difficulty with thinking clearly
- Bad dreams
Mild to moderate physical symptoms:
- Headache - general, pulsating
- Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
- Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
- Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
- Skin, clammy
- Abnormal movements
- Tremor of the hands
- Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
- A state of confusion and hallucinations (visual) -- known as delirium tremens
- "Black outs" -- when the person forgets what happened during the drinking episode.
It is trememdously important for people going through alcohol withdrawal be under the direct supervision of a Doctor.
Untreated DT's can cause death in 20% of people undergoing alcohol withdrawal.
I hope for your health and safety you are under the care of a physician, however with your questions I am afraid you are not.
If your serious about beating this monkey on your back I would look at inhouse treatment.'
With kindest personal regards,
Moderator: Osteoarthritis, GERD/Heartburn
Anxiety/Panic, & Depression
*~* https://www.healingwell.com/donate *~*
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."
Not a mental health professional of any kind