Stressed and Depressed Today

What should i do?
Leave back to my mothers - 0.0%
leave somewhere else where no one knows where im at - 40.0%
end the relationship with my sons father/ boyfriend - 60.0%

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 7/7/2009 1:24 PM (GMT -6)   
I moved with my 18 month old son to my boyfriends house because we found out we are having another baby, i was living with my mother and my two brothers, there i would do everything for myself, if i needed help then i would ask my mother for help. Now im over here at my boyfriends house which consists of his mother, brother, grandmother, his cousin and his stepfather. I have depression, and i have no one to speak to at all so everything is bottled in, and thats not good for me and the baby, i cry all day, and i feel like getting up and leaving without anyone knowing. The first issue is that im used to doing everything for myself here, im being told how and what to do with my son, i get up in the morning to make my son something to eat and my boyfriends grandmother already made him something to eat, my son says mommy to my boyfriends grandmother and she replies yes baby what happened, instead of saying "no" im not mommy im grandma. She makes him lunch, dinner and his snacks before i even get a chance to and its really frustrating me. i tell my boyfriend it bothers me and he doesnt do anything about it. Another issue is i tell him look im aggravated and im leaving, my boyfriends says well if u leave with my son i will go to your mothers house to get my son away from you and if you call the cops or if anyone gets in my way i will shoot them in the face, or he just says that if i leave i cant go back with my son, i have to leave him there with him and his family, so it scares me that i might lose my son so i dont leave, i dont know what to do...what should i do???

Elite Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 14995
   Posted 7/7/2009 1:52 PM (GMT -6)   
I think you need to contact a woman's shelter in your area. They can help you get you and your son out of that situation. I think with the threats your boyfriend is giving you, they will definetly be able to help you. Good luck, sweetie and do keep us posted!
Gail*Nanners* Co-Moderator for Crohns Disease and Anxiety/Panic Forum
Been living with Crohn's Disease for 33 years. Currently on Asacol, Prilosec, Estrace, Prinivil, Diltiazem, Percoset prn for pain, Zofran, Phenergan, Probiotics, Calcium  w/Vit D, and Xanax as needed for my anxiety.  Resections in 2002 and 2005. Also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and Anxiety. Currently my Crohns is in remission, but my joints are going crazy!
*Every tomorrow has two handles.  We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith"*

Regular Member

Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 64
   Posted 7/7/2009 2:21 PM (GMT -6)   
End the relationship.! And get the heck outa there! Dang!
Edit: Please no inappropriate language on the boards.

Post Edited By Moderator (stkitt) : 7/7/2009 1:57:53 PM (GMT-6)

Regular Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 175
   Posted 7/7/2009 2:26 PM (GMT -6)   
For your safety and that of your son, you really need to contact a shelter or the police and explain the situation and the threats. If it were just his family "overdoing it" I would say sit them down and hash out the details but threats are not acceptable. You need to keep you and your son safe and it sounds like you will need to have the law on your side to do so. You need to be in the best situation for yourself and your children, and it sounds like this is the opposite! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Elite Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 32602
   Posted 7/7/2009 3:04 PM (GMT -6)   


I am so sorry for the situation you are in but please do take your little guy and go to a shelter.  Also look into getting an Order for Protection or a Restraining Order to  protect your son and yourself. 

If you can let your family know what you are going through and you can depend on them to help you that would be good too.

You really need to get out ASAP and do seek counseling when you have a chance.

You are in my prayers,




Moderator: Osteoarthritis, GERD/Heartburn
Anxiety/Panic, & Depression
*~* *~*
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."
Not a mental health professional of any kind

Regular Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 24
   Posted 7/8/2009 7:30 PM (GMT -6)   
I think you should get legal help and know your rights and get out of there a/s/a/p! you have rights as a mother and his threats are petty and are only meant to scare you. He could not take your son unless he went to court and proved that you are an unfit mother. Unless he is planning on doing something like kidnapping which in that case he wouldn't be with your son if he is in prison. but you need to contact the authorities so that these things are documented so that if it came down to a really bad situation ( which I pray that it doesn't ) you would have proof.
Anxiety, Insomnia, Severe Gerd/Heartburn PPI's since 02 ( Nissen Fundoplication Failed 3/08)  Chronic Pain in left shoulder/neck area since surgery in 08, Fibromyalgia 2/09, Endometriosis :'( 6/09 , Left ovarian cyst 6/09,
JULY 2009 ~~ Awaiting an MRI, EMG( Electromyogram ) & Ultrasound
 Ambien 10mg, Codine #3, Tramadol, Multivitamin, B-6,
~ Sometimes you just have to smile, Pretend everything's okay, Hold back the tears and just walk away. ~

Regular Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 94
   Posted 7/8/2009 10:29 PM (GMT -6)   
I am scared for your safety. I am scared for your children's safety. You are victim of domestic violence, even if he has not physically assaulted you, he has emotionally and verbally abused you. As far a stage of batterers he is is in the intimidation/threatening phase, which can escalate at any point.

You need to make your own decision, but I hope that you will find yourself wanting to leave this relationship. If you do choose to end your relationship, please find support and safety with your family or a local resource (womans) center. They can help you with options such as protection orders or even legal options for little or no cost.

Good Luck to you.

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 24, 2018 1:12 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,005,988 posts in 329,290 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161817 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Butterfly_.
214 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Butterfly_, Scaredy Cat, Serfr