I've noticed some people talking about
physical expressions of their anxiety. I've had a lot of these myself and was wondering what type of physical symptoms others have had. Through a series of doctors I've been able to rule out medical causes and by working on the anxiety I've seen even "in the moment" physical symptoms subside. But here's a sample of some of my physical symptoms (there's no way I could remember them all, there's just been too many and they keep changing):
1. Arm pain in my forearm that feels like a pulled muscle.
2. Arm pain in my bicep if I ignore the forearm pain.
3. A piercing pain that seems to go through my heart (through my back and out my chest)
4. A "pressing" pain the size and shape of a coin that appears at various places on my chest.
5. Tingling sensations in my left hand (like when your foot falls asleep).
6. Skipped heartbeats (one of the scariest)
7. The feeling that I pulled my heart muscle and it's sore
8. Shivering even in warm weather
9. Shaking and the desire to curl up in the fetal position
10. Stomach pain that forces me to lean forward in agony
11. Twitching eye (the least of my concerns)
12. A "bubbling" feeling just above my left hip.
There are many others, but that's what comes to mind in the moment. One other thing I've seen is that it's almost always
on my left side (99% of the time). I've also noticed that the arm pain is the most common for me and it's like a barometer. The higher up my arm the pain goes the more anxious I am. I've also learned that if I start feeling these symptoms (not an attack, but these general physical symptoms of anxiety) and I start to journal, even if I don't know what I want/need to say, that it helps. The arm pain for instance will slowly move "down" and eventually dissipate.
I know physical symptoms are common, but I feel like I've had way more than my fair share and experience them everyday off and on all day long, so I'm curious as to what physical symptoms others have experienced. Thanks!