Okay everyone.. I just joined this website. I am getting anxiety again!!! This is the first time i've joined anything like this. I hope I can help you all. I am a female who has been getting anxiety on and off since I was 22. I am now 30. The 1st time I choked on steak and lost almost 30 lbs in 1 month because I was too scared to eat (and the anxiety continued) since then, I have sporadically had this stupid rediculous anxiety. Why???? Because I am letting it get to me!!! I am programming my own brain to make myself keep thinking about
it over and over and over.. I tell you what! I am getting over this for good this time. Here are a few tips that may help you. ;-)
1. Challenge yourself everyday. If your scared to go to wal mart or a busy place. Do it!! Don't turn around and walk back to your car. Get your a@# back in there and feel proud of yourself for doing it when you leave. Then you wont feel so scared or anxious to do it again.
2. If you think you are being judged or you think people are noticing your anxiety, they are probably just as anxious as you are or they know someone who has this issue. (All my friends and most of my family have had anxiety issues (it's very common)
3. If you think you are dying. (We're all dying, sorry to tell you we're all going to die, (so MAKE THE BEST OF IT and tell anxiety who is boss!!! I am just not going to let myself do this to myself anymore.
4. Keep busy. If you sit around and have too much time on your hands, you will think about
everything way too much, which will give you anxiety. Get a hobby I.E. Couponing, knitting, making things, volunteering, etc...
5. Listen to some easy going music. Right now I am listening to Elton John. He is awesome and makes me feel at ease when I listen to his music.. Music really helps with anxiety...
6. Avoid cigarette's, caffiene, dirty toilets lol (just kidding) .. I hope you get the point... Don't let anxiety rule youIf you would like a little help dealing with issues you may have, I would love to help.. I have been through so many parts of anxiety..
Now is the time, you need to decide. Are you going to let this thing called anxiety take over your life? One last thing.. Would you rather live a life being normal and doing all the things you want to do in your right mind?
Or would you rather die someday never really living your life and wishing you would have gotten over this stupid anxiety thing?
Remember anxiety is weak.. We have the power to overcome it!! Promise
12. No cryptic
posts. Using cryptic
messages to "skirt
" the rules is not permitted
. Vulgar language in any form is not allowed. Thank you.
Post Edited By Moderator (stkitt) : 1/9/2011 4:47:04 PM (GMT-7)