Good Morning ! I understand the worry about a skin problem. I will admit that I have had 5 skin cancers removed but none of the 5 were a mole. I am not always good about following up every 6 months for a total body skin exam. "Shame on me". Last winter I noticed a red bumpy area on my ring finger and decided it may be something so off I went..........It was dry skin and I was sent home with a Rx for extremely dry skin. You are not alone with your worries but keeping them under control can be tough.
Here are some things to help get you on the road to dealing with Health Anxiety:
1. Therapy---meds if you and your doctor feel it is appropriate---everybody is different on this issue.
2. Self-help books--lots of good stuff out there these days Some folks around here, I'm sure will have some suggestions of books.
3. Exercise---even if you don't want to. At first you are likely to feel miserable and panicky feelings are likely to bubble up OR rush at you. It is Beasty (your anxious overthinking) causing this. But do it anyway.
4. Eat a healthy diet. This helps on all kinds areas of your life.
5. Stick with the Forum - sharing your problem is like halving it.
6. Hobbies--anything that completely immerses you in it and keeps you occupied. This helps because eventually you'll get snippets of time when you feel good. These are teaching moments because then you know it is anxiety mucking with you. After a while those snippets turn to days, hours etc.
7. Believe ! You can take your life back. Don't compare your 'pre anxiety' life to your new life. As we experience life, we change. Having anxiety will impact your life just like all life experiences do. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even once you are on the road to recovery, you will have a 'new' normal but that doesn't mean you aren't happy and fulfilled
8. Look into CBT - Cognitive-behavioral therapy is based on the idea that our thoughts cause our feelings and behaviors, not external things, like people, situations,and events. The benefit of this fact is that we can change the way we think to feel / act better even if the situation does not change.
Most of all know that you are not alone - we are here for you.