Posted 1/28/2018 4:51 PM (GMT -7)
Hello to all my fellow fighters in this battle called anxiety. I am looking for some comfort, guidance, suggestions, etc. Here is my story.
- History of Panic and Anxiety, lasts for months and than stops for a bit, than returns.
- 5 days a week + exercise 30 min per day
- Wine drinker, occasional high CBD
- Take 5-HTP 100MG, GABA 500MG for anxiety
- Therapy weekly
- Massage, Acupuncture, Meditation
- Current episode began just before December and has not stopped. Daily lightheadedness, mild headache, nausea, neck pain
- Within the past year; Echo, Stress Echo, Treadmill Test, Blood Tests, ENT Visits, Neurology Visits, X-Rays, Eye Doctor for headaches/dizziness
So that’s a snap shot of my life outside of family, and work. I work in IT so a computer is in front of me tons. This has happened before but this last bout seems so much stronger and is relentless. I have been taking a mix of Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Excederin, Tylenol, etc. Does not seem to take headaches away, sometimes takes the edge off. There is stress in my life but I am working on it. Dr. Google is not a friend here as it tells me nothing to stuff absolutely tragic. My Dr. feels this is an anxiety issue, but to me its this causing anxiety, not the opposite. They did a serious of cardio stuff on me to rule that out and my ticker is great, no rhythm issues, no blockages suspected, structurally great. I had an MRI scheduled but insurance denied the order stating it was not medically necessary. ENT checked my ears, did some balance tests and did not feel there was anything in the ear causing an issue. Last year I saw a neurologist who also felt this was anxiety. I had a ton of blood work done that didn’t point to anything negative. I am lightheaded from the point I wake up and it continues all day. They say my heart is fine but man, when I lay down to go to bed I can feel my heart beating and it makes me wonder. When I have just a headache I am thankful, sad, but true. When I am so lightheaded it causes a ton of anxiety when going places and when it comes to being social...well, I just want to run away. I am nauseaous, but havne’t thrown up, ha, there’s a plus!
Any thoughts? Remedies? Ways to cope and still live life rather than white knuckling? Life sucks at the moment and any help would be appreciated!