New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 472
   Posted 3/14/2007 11:02 AM (GMT -6)   
i have severial health issues and so does my wife, in my job I lost benifit after benifit (wages,retirement, you name it and it has been taken) now our health insurance has been messed with. sure I still have insurance but I can't afford my copays for my meds anymore. My family and i were barly hanging on before the insurace was messed with. now we are losing the house, and even with that we still are'nt making it. I'm so lost! i don't know what to do anymore, how do i provide for my four kids and wife? I just don't feel like i can do this anymore. i just want to disappear and let the world forget about me.
does anyone here know about any programs that can help out with medication costs?  I need help. any help.
37, Married w/ four kids.
Had problems (pain, bleeding, nausea)  since age 13.
miss dx'ed for years
Dx'd with Crohn's in Spring of 1991.
Resection that December.
Spring of 2002 began the LLQ pain.
went on Remicade in early 2004.
Had exploritory surgery December of 2004 to find the cause of LLQ pain.
......... in Limbo now ...........

Veteran Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 1745
   Posted 3/14/2007 11:48 AM (GMT -6)   
Medicaid, Social Security disability. I know you probably don't want to do that, but if it helps you get on your feet that's what it's there for. Your profile says you're an aircraft mechanic. Do you belong to a union? They might be able to do something about this. Also, check with your state's department of health and human services as every state has different programs. Other options:

Some drug companies have programs to distribute free or low-cost prescriptions.

Your doctor may be able to give you samples.

Veteran Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 789
   Posted 3/15/2007 6:49 AM (GMT -6)   
Hello John
I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are going thru all of this. Debaser has given you some great advice. Also look in your phone book for Indagent Health Care it is sponserd by the goverment and county they will pay for your dr visits till you can get other options. If you do file for disability it can take a long time to win your case and to start reciving your monry thats owed to you so you want to start that as soon as you can if your dr agrees you are unable to work. I hope this helps you out some. You and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
I have an illness, My illness don't have me.
Being happy doesnt mean everything's perfect.It means you've decided to see beyound the imperfrctions!God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but HE did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears & light for the way                                        



Veteran Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 1629
   Posted 3/15/2007 6:53 AM (GMT -6)   
I am sorry for what you are going through. As I am in the UK, I am unfamiliar with your insurance issues and that doesnt exist here. I am sure there will be many members that can offer you advise on this.

Take care

Victoria x

Moderator ~ Depression and Anxiety Forum

Contact me at: victoria@healingwell.net

Xx Sometimes we all have to go a little crazy just to stay sane xX


New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 24, 2018 4:08 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,185 posts in 329,312 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161825 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TheRayf.
324 Guest(s), 10 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Georgia Hunter, ezhoe, Wings of Eagles, Admin, Zimica, Tudpock18, Uniform Charlie, 61Impala, Envsciguy, Shayanv