hey, thanks for you sharing and your advice. Its weird how there can be this power or guilt based on a relationship that doesn't really exist. I mean, it does because you communicate with the person, but in reality, romantic relationships need to be in person. I think thats where i have a hard time. Like I'm well aware of this notion and know that flirting or whatever online can be satisfying -- but if there is no chance of it going anywhere it is really self destructive behavior. It can make you feel good about
yourself and whatnot, but is a void filler that can lead to complications.
I've come to some interesting conclusions:
1. Not everyone interperates written words as they are intend to be... And that is arrogance on my part.. Who am i to think they would???
2. Dont even go there. There is no reason to go beyond anything other than subtle talk, and if it goes beyond that then I am to blame as much as they are.
3. Dont bother talking with people far away, in the context of friendship or more. Especially flirting, cause again that is not healthy for anyone.
4. I accept blame for the situation, and even though she is totally covered on her ride from the airport I should have never offered. I thought i was doing a nice thing, but things can be interpreted differently by people. She might have seen that as a sign of true interest, when really it was a jester of kindness.
5. Dont be overly available for people, and set boundaries... And stick to them. Dont contradict your own boundaries. I do this... The contradiction part and thats not fair.
And Elisha, I thank you for sharing your story. I think for you the main difference is you actually have a past with this person, and maybe you feel a bit of guilt in just cutting it off? Maybe there is a bit of comfort, since you know this guy, and maybe you just scared (god, i hope that doesnt sound harsh) to cut it off completely... I'm not sure, but i sure know how you feel...
thanks again for listening..
Thanks everyone for listening.
Anxiety and Panic Disorder.
"Breathe! You Are Alive"
- Thich Nhat Hanh
Post Edited (Danxiety) : 9/29/2007 6:44:11 PM (GMT-6)