I'm delighted to report that as soon as the panic came, it went again. I used a lot of useful tips from everyone to help get rid of it. This is what I did;
1. took clonazepam (as directed- max 2mg per day)
2. called my shrink who moved up our appointment
2. took 2 days off work
3. carved a pumpkin - crucial to my recovery!
4. visited with and had a good chat with my folks (not talking or dwelling on anxiety)
5. read the responses from my original post which were very encouraging - thanks!
6. listenned to this relaxation CD which included deap breathing, muscle relaxation and some meditation.
7. bought a $20 portable CD player and a $10 CD from the drug store called "Spa Relaxation".
8. litsenned to my relaxing music CD while doing dishes and taking a nice candlelit bubble bath.
9. took a relaxing "citrous" foot soke in one of these foot baths that vibrates and makes bubbles and asked my husband to rub my feet afterwards
10. Tried thought stopping worries and concerns before they got me worked up
Thats all. And then I was able to go into work today panic free! Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions.