3+ mos. follow-up

I went in this past Mon. for an u/s to re-check the fibroadenoma in my right breast.  Of course when I called to schedule it (after receiving the reminder from the doc), I told them it needed to be an u/s, not a mammo as my tissue is too dense for those.  What did they schedule me for...yep, a mammo.  There was much confusion when I arrived and after 45 mins. they finally got things sorted out.  Gotta love those scheduling folks.  eyes    Anyways, the gal that did my first u/s just so happened to be doing the re-check.  The fibroadenoma is still there.  She said, "It sure is a weird looking thing."  I have no idea how I'm supposed to take that, but okay let's run w/that.  She asked the radiologist if he wanted to look at it and apparently he didn't feel the need to.  It has grown a little bit though not enough to cause alarm I'm guessing.  I got a letter from the radiologist the next day saying I should have it re-checked in 12 mos.  We'll see what my doc says.  I do plan to ask her if I can just have yearly u/s's starting next year considering the family history and just for peace of mind.  I mean I might as well u/s the other boob as she's starting to feel left out.  tongue
 
Sorry I haven't been around much.  This year was very busy wedding photography wise.  I can't wait for Dec.--I should hopefully be caught up by then! 
I would ask about having it removed...no reason to leave a fibroadenoma in there...and no reason to make yourself stressed out all the time having it checked and being told it was "wierd". The lumpectomy is an easy procedure and you can go back to work the next day....and I would also encourage you to get copies of the reports for your own records.
Good luck!
Lori


Boy do I ever agree with Lori. Why on earth would anyone want to leave something in there and not even check it for a year. That is crazy! It is no big deal to have a biopsy, get it out and quit worrying about it. The worry alone will be hard on your body. Insist that it be removed and if this doctor does not want to, take your records and find another doctor who will. Hugs, MK



So you guys would recommend having it removed even though the core biopsy said it was negative for cancer?  Is there still that chance that it could be cancerous?
 
Plus, from what I've been reading they usually grow pretty big and cause pain--and have to be removed.  Not sure that's something I want to wait for but I figured if the tests had come back as benign then it was okay to just "wait and see." 
I would definitely have it out. Like Lori said, there's no reason to leave it in. 12 months is a long time to "wait & see".
 
Good luck.
Julie


Do not go gentle into that goodnight,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
~Dylan Thomas