My surgery catastrophe!!!!!

I am not a happy camper today. I was scheduled to have my lesion taken out this morning.  Turns out my surgeon is volunteering in New Orleans, but nobody called me to cancel my surgery. So I do all the prep....take a day off of work and hubby does too.  Im stressed all freaking holiday weekend, and they even had me wait 30 min in the waiting room AND get a gown on. Im all ready to get the wire guided thingy in place, and someone comes back to say "Didnt they call you?"  Ugggghgghhg
 
My new surgery day is Sept 15th.  I did get to have a nice chat with the Radiologist today though, and she made me feel really good about my cancer chances.  Surgeon gave me the 10% odds, but the radiologist said if it IS cancer, it is absolutely non invasive and would only take removal..and no chemo or rads.  My MRI's were both clear, and they dont suspect cancer, but the lesion must be removed.  I was suprised to hear her say that 50% of doctors wouldnt even remove my lesion! 
 
Anyway...I get to hang on for 9 more days.  Sigghhh
 
Michele


Currently in remission on 100 mg Imuran after a year of trying EVERYTHING
else!!

Hang in there. It always amazes me when professional people mess up so royally. I am very happy and proud of your doctors though for volunteering in La.

Sounds like relieving news from the Radiologist.

Hugs,

Candy


Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up.  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
 

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  I hope you have a better day.  I hate to say this, but maybe there is a reason this happened.  I like to think everything happens for a reason, but sometimes it is hard to believe it!

mad  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that makes me so mad.  I hate when they do stuff like that to us patients.  It is not bad enough that we are stressed to the max, have taken time off and then wham.

Things do fall through the crack, don't they? I was ready for surgery with even IV line in when the two surgeons who were to do the surgery came to see me to tell me my blood chemistry was not good and they didn't have mesh in a piece large enough to do the job. Surgery was cancelled.............. Another time I was released to go home and was told a specialist would be in to see me to give me instructions for home. After waiting for hours I called the office of the doctor I was waiting to see only to find out she was out of town at a seminar. Finally about eight or nine at night another doctor who worked with her came in and let me go. I had waited nearly 12 hours after the release of the surgeon. Frustrating, yes. They are all so busy. And God knows New Orleans needs all the help they can get. There is so much destruction and tragedy there. We'll be with you on the 15th. Hugs MK



sorry to hear about your surgery issues.  I'm sure it was last minute with the surgeon going to LA.

I had what you had and didn't have cancer.  I'm still working on the situation but it's coming to a head.  I'm seeing a doc at the Weill Cornell Breast Center.

 

Good luck on the 15th..we will be there with pink feathers and hopefully it will be a pork chop bone!

 


Susan